venerdì 17 agosto 2012

My New Project, Day 3

Hello girls!

I'm back with some updates.

So, in my last post my little house finally had rectangular doors and windows, an opening on one side to create an extra room and I had many ideas in my head to realize.

Let me tell you what other changes has been ... I'm literally transforming it, now you'll see!

First, to make a bit special inside, I decided to raise a portion of the ground floor, which set up the sitting area. I decided to create this area between the side wall (the one that has remained intact) and the front door and tried to furnish it with an English fireplace and two chairs.

 
Then I remembered that two years ago I purchased a stone fireplace: I just saw and I was in love. I did not know, at that time, the project for which I will use it and, above all, if I would really used it, but I really wanted it so I bought it.

And now here he looks great in my new house ... it seems to be perfectly suited to my project, isn't it?

 
Well in the photo the fireplace is not complete but is reduced: the ceiling of the house was too low to put the fireplace, so I first tried to remove a layer of stones ... but it seemed crushed.
So I decided it would be best to put it all and I completely change the internal structure of the house.

 
So I reached the platform (well before I stretched and then I shortened a little ... as you can see in the photos) and I reduced the foreground creating a loft. Then I lifted the front wall because it was too low relative to the chimney.

 
At that point I wrestled with another problem: the roof. The window does not convince me, not even on the fireplace. So I closed both.
 
Then I finished and painted interior walls and created the floor ... and here is the result!


 
Do you like it?
I am satisfied ... rustic walls cream-colored, tiled flooring painted hot gray (I have yet to finish it) and a raised base of the chimney painted the same color as the floor.

Now I have to finish the floor then I can dedicate to the construction of the extra room (there I will put the kitchen) and to the finishing of the external walls of the house.
 
See you soon!

Mini Hugs,
Mondodifavola



 
Ciao ragazze!

Rieccomi con qualche aggiornamento.

Allora, vi ho salutato che la mia casetta aveva finalmente porte e finestre rettangolari, un'apertura su uno dei lati per creare una stanza in più ed io avevo molte idee in testa da realizzare.

Ora vi racconto quale altra modifica ha subito...la sto letteralmente trasformando, ora vedrete!

Innanzitutto, per rendere un po' particolare l'interno, ho deciso di rialzare una parte del piano terra, nella quale allestire la zona salotto. Ho pensato di creare questa zona tra la parete laterale (quella rimasta intatta) e la porta d'ingresso ed ho provato ad arredarla con un camino inglese e due sedie.

Poi mi sono ricordata che due anni fa ho acquistato un camino di pietra: me ne ero innamorata appena visto. Non sapevo, a quel tempo, per quale progetto l'avrei utilizzato e, soprattutto, se l'avrei utilizzato, ma lo volevo assolutamente quindi l'ho preso.

Ed ora eccolo che fa bella mostra di se nella mia nuova casetta...non vi sembra che sia perfettamente adatto al mio progetto?

Si beh nella foto il camino non è completo ma è ridotto: il soffitto della casetta era troppo basso per mettere il camino, quindi ho prima provato a togliere un livello di pietre...ma così sembrava schiacciato.
A quel punto ho deciso che sarebbe stato meglio metterlo intero ed ho quindi deciso di modificare totalmente la struttura interna della casa.

Ecco allora che ho allungato la pedana (beh prima l'ho allungata e poi l'ho accorciata un poco...come vedete nelle foto) ed ho ridotto il primo piano creando un soppalco. Poi ho alzato il muro della facciata perché era troppo bassa rispetto al camino.

A quel punto mi si è posto un altro problema: il tetto. La finestra non mi convince, neppure quella sul camino. Così ho chiuso entrambe.
Poi ho rifinito e verniciato i muri interni e creato il pavimento...ed ecco il risultato!
Vi piace?

Io sono soddisfatta...pareti rustiche verniciate color panna, pavimento a piastrelle rettangolari color grigio caldo (devo ancora finirlo), base rialzata del camino verniciata dello stesso colore del pavimento.

Ora dovrò rifinire il pavimento quindi potrò dedicarmi alla costruzione della stanza in più, nella quale alloggerò la cucina ed alla rifinitura delle pareti esterne della casa.

A presto!

Baciotti,
Mondodifavola








14 commenti:

  1. I've just caught up with your new project and am enjoying following your thought processes on how to achieve exactly the look you're after.

    I'm impressed with what you've done so far and am looking forward to the next stage.

    RispondiElimina
  2. @Irene: Hi Irene! I'm glad you like my work...I'm doing many changes to transform it in what I want...well probably it would be faster building one by myself...but I think it's a big challenge also trying to transform a kit like this one! Mini hugs

    RispondiElimina
  3. Ciao Irene!^^
    Ho conosciuto da poco il tuo blog ma sono immediatamente diventata tua lettrice accanita!^__^
    Adoro il tuo stile e per me che sto iniziato a fare i primi passi nel mondo delle miniature e delle dollhouses, le tue creazioni sono fonte di grande ispirazione!^___^
    Anche io creo miniature in pasta sintetiche e spero un giorno di diventare brava come te!^^
    Se ti fa piacere passa a trovarmi, il mio blog ha bisogno di crescere!^__^

    RispondiElimina
  4. @LiLuye Bijoux: Ciao Simona, benvenuta nel mio blog! Mi fa piacere che ti piaccia...complimenti anche a te per le tue creazioni, mi piacciono molto! Baciotti, Elena Mondodifavola

    RispondiElimina
  5. Great work. I like everything here. You've done terrific job to the inner structure. The two level floor looks very good. The rustic wall is perfect. I'd love to see the progress soon.
    By the way, did you take part in Arnhem Show last October? I think I might have seen you there. We talked about your passion for heart shaped things :).

    RispondiElimina
  6. The fireplace mantel is gorgeous. I love the whole new floorplan. And those chairs are so gorgeous with the mantel.
    hugs,
    Caroline

    RispondiElimina
  7. La chimenea es preciosa y el conjunto resulta muy bonito y elegante...¡me encanta! Un beso

    RispondiElimina
  8. Siempre me sorprendes gratamente con tu trabajo
    Me parece especialmente delicado

    RispondiElimina
  9. @sognatriceabordo: Mi fa piacere che ti piaccia...piace molto anche a me! Baciotti, Elena

    RispondiElimina
  10. @Maria Blanca "AyamontinoMaria":
    Thanks a lot Maria Blanca! Hugs

    RispondiElimina
  11. @Gosia Suchodolska:

    Hi Gosia!

    Thanks for your kind words...I'm so happy doing this little house!!

    Yes I was to the Arnhem Show!! Will you be there this year too? For me it's impossible...perhaps next year!

    Mini hugs,

    Elena

    RispondiElimina
  12. @Cinderella Moments: Hi Caroline!

    I'm so happy having you on my blog: you are welcome! I love so much your works!

    Hope to see you soon there!

    Mini hugs,

    Elena

    RispondiElimina